If you have an American Express card, you’re in luck. You likely already know that you have access to limited-time offers. These offers typically pertain to everyday purchases, but if you’re planning a getaway within the next few months, there’s a new offer you need to add.
Get a one-time $80 statement credit by using your enrolled card to make a single purchase of $500 or more for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com by 9/30/2016.
This offer excludes Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts, cruises, car rentals and flights. This offer is not valid at American Express Travel Offices.
Not all American Express cards may has this offer available. You should have received an email informing you that this offer was available. If you have any doubt, check the online account of each of your cards to see if the offer is available.
It has been confirmed that the following cards do carry this offer:
- Amex Platinum
- Amex Green Card
- Amex Premier Rewards Gold
- Amex Business Gold Card
- Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card
It has been confirmed that the following hotel-branded American Express cards do not carry this offer:
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors Card from American Express
How to Get the Offer
In order to receive your $80 statement credit, you must follow all the instructions as outlined in the terms and conditions. So let’s go everything to make sure you understand how to qualify.
- You must manually add this perk to your American Express card in order to receive the $80 offer. Don’t assume it’s automatically in there. Look in the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section to find it.
- Purchase must be made at AmexTravel.com. You can’t make your travel reservation from a site like Expedia or Priceline. You have to book your trip through AmexTravel.com in order to qualify - no exceptions.
- You must spend $500 or more on a hotel booking. You can include a flight or rental car in your travel itinerary if you wish, but the hotel portion alone must come out to at least $500. So depending on where you’re staying, you may need to stay multiple nights in order to reach that minimum amount.
- The $500 hotel booking must be completed in a single purchase, so you can’t make several bookings to meet the minimum.
- You must use your American Express card to pay for the booking – and it has to be the exact card that has this offer available. If you have multiple cards, make sure you use the right one or the offer will be void. Make sure you don’t use a debit card or any other credit card.
- You must book on or before September 30, 2016. This means if you book on October 1, you’re out of luck. Make sure you strictly adhere to the deadline.
- The reward is a statement credit, so don’t expect a check in the mail to spend as you please. Use it toward this trip or any other purchases you have in mind.
What Else Should You Know?
This is a one-time use offer, so it’s good only one time per card. If you have multiple cards, though, there is the potential to add this offer on each eligible card.
If you meet all these requirements and take advantage of the offer, you will receive your $80 statement credit within 90 days after 9/30/16. Consider it a nice bonus just in time for Christmas!
Don’t Miss Out
This is a great offer for those who travel frequently or haven’t taken their summer vacation yet. This is an excellent opportunity to get away and spend some time together as a family. It doesn’t look like there are any limitations in terms of travel location (you’re only limited by what the website has to offer), so the sky’s the limit!
If you’re not in the market for a hotel stay, no worries. If you’re an American Express card member, there are many more offers ready for you to take advantage of at AmexOffers.com. You can save on a variety of shopping and dining purchases. So find the offers that work best for your lifestyle and start saving today!
waived for the first year